Senior Conference Producer At Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation
Industry: ICT / Telecommunications
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Nigerian Communications Commission in collaboration with Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation announce the following vacant position:
The Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) is an international development partnership between the Commonwealth and non-Commonwealth governments, business and civil society organisations. It provides the international community with effective means to help bridge the digital divide and achieve social and economic development, by delivering to developing countries unique knowledge-sharing programmes in the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the specific areas of Telecommunications, IT, Broadcasting and the Internet.
Job Title: Senior Conference Producer
To work, under the direction of the Manager, International Events & Corporate Communications to attend to the following tasks;
1. To research and analyse of the feasibility of developing potential conference topics into commercially viable events
2. To communicate by phone and email with key industry figures to determine the validity of proposed topic, sub-themes, timing and location
3. To create a comprehensive topic briefing document which among other things will outline:
- An overview of the topic and its validity as a stand alone event
- The highlights of the current issues faced by the industry
- To identify potential speakers and resource persons
- To identify key issues which will be addressed by the event
- To research all possible events covering the proposed topic to analyse potential conflicts in dates or overexposure
- To highlight possible sponsors to this event
- To plan for a post-conference Internal report
- To plan for a Raporteur’s report on the conference that is circulated to attendees
4. To write the conference programme, invite speakers, liaise with speakers to ensure attendance, organise or assist in the organising of the event, as the case may be and to attend to all matters relating to and/or ancillary to the successful conducting of the event.
5.Marketing sponsorship opportunities for events of the CTO and supervising the work of sales and marketing staff
6. Liaising with marketing officers to organise event marketing, promotion, publicity, sales and related campaigns
7. Liaising with speakers throughout the conference production cycle
8. Assisting with direct sales for attendance to prospective delegates and for potential sponsors, when required.
9. Assist in any logistics planning, pre-event logistics management, as well as on-site and post-event logistics. s
10. Where necessary assist in budgeting, financial and cash management for the events.
11. Ensure the obtention by CTO of Evaluation Reports by attendees to events and to analyse these reactions, reporting to management, and using such info to influence future events
12. Carrying out post-event analysis for CTO Management’s assessment and reports for CTO publications purposes
13. Assisting the Manager, International Events and Corporate Communications in arranging conferences and other commercial events of the CTO through managing tasks delegated by the Manager, International Events and Corporate Communications.
14. Undertaking such other duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer
Profile & Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years in organising and managing international events and
- conferences and relevant experience of undertaking marketing and corporate communications work.
- Excellent knowledge of developments in the global ICT sector & Telecom Industry
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong editing skills. (writing samples required)
- Experience in working within a multicultural and international environment
- Ability to use an international network of contacts for commercial purposes
- Relevant communications and Web experience
- Demonstrable expertise in budgeting and managing projects to tight deadlines
- Expertise in internal and external communication
- Strong work ethic and attention to quality and detail
- Ability to solve problems and successfully engage with appropriate technical and internal resources
- Ability to juggle multiple projects through highly effective organisational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to handle cash and report promptly and accurately
- As a minimum, Graduate degree in marketing and sales or related ICT/Telecom area with at least 5 years experience
- Or 5 years quantifiably successful conference production experience in commercial environment.
Salary: scale £22454 to £26909 subject to experience & qualifications
Bonus if payable – up to 10% per annum
Profit share – OTE £30,000
Method of Application
All applicants must be a national of a CTO Full Member country and have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. It will be the applicants responsibility to apply for a UK visa if offered the job and bear all the relevant cost to attend an interview at the CTO Head quarters in London, UK. Please provide evidence of your nationality with your application.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references. You will be required to provide details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer and from your previous employer or university, ensuring that you account for at least the last five years of your employment history in your application. Referees should not be related to you and should be able to give an assessment of your professional abilities as well as your character. We will not take up references until after any qualified offer of employment has been made.
All applicants would be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application, on the day of interview.
Salaries on appointment for any post if advertised are per annum gross subject to deductions of National Insurance contributions and CTO internal income tax (paid at UK income tax rates).
If you wish to be considered for any post, please ensure that you submit your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter setting out your experience and skills in relation to the person specification, competencies and other requirements for the post.
To respond to advertised vacancies, please email CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Other Recent Jobs