British Council Nigeria: Chevening Scholarship Programme 2012/ 2013
Specialization: Education News in Nigeria
Application Deadline: Job Listing Expired
Job Type: fulltime
Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Are you a future leader who is already experienced in your chosen profession and would like to further develop your career with a postgraduate course in the UK? Then the Chevening Scholarship could be right for you.
WHAT IS THE CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME?
The Chevening Scholarship Programme is a prestigious awards scheme that funds international postgraduate students who want to study in the UK for one academic year.
Funded by the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council, the scheme operates in over 150 countries and annually provides funding for over 2,300 scholars.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE A CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP?
This is a prestigious award that gives you the chance to experience a world-renowned educational system. In addition, it provides you with the opportunity to experience UK life and meet other Chevening scholars. Once you become a Chevening scholar, you will discover a lot of opportunities to develop your career and become a future leader in your field. Hear from the Chevening scholars themselves.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply for a Chevening scholarship if:
- You are a postgraduate student who can prove your academic success and who has already begun a career in your chosen field.
- You you have between two and five years working experience (depending on the country you are applying in), with an excellent track record illustrating your achievements and your potential to use the skills gained during your scholarship to make a difference in your country.
- You have achieved an excellent mark for you undergraduate degree and can provide a transcript of your academic record. Specific academic requirements are available from the British Council offices in your country.
- You are 21 years or older (there are upper age limits for specific countries so please ensure you check this during your applications process).
- You are a resident in your country when you apply and provide your birth certificate (with translation).
- You must have good English language skills (most UK Higher Education institutions require a minimum IELTS of 6.5 for admission into postgraduate courses).
WHEN TO APPLY ?
Applications are only open at certain times of the year and differ per country. The dates will be advertised here on this site and/or in the local newspapers.
WHICH COUNTRIES ARE OPEN?
Country Closing Date
Botswana 14 December 2011
Nigeria 20 January 2012
Ethiopia 15 January 2012
South Africa 18 January 2012
South Sudan 22 January 2012
Uganda 23 January 2012
Zambia 27 January 2012
WHAT ARE THE AREAS OF STUDY?
Applicants will normally be selected from those who wish to take courses in:
Although applicants for other courses (as varied as counter-terrorism, religion and energy/climate change) may be considered. You are expected to show a commitment to return to your country, where you will contribute to the country’s socio-economic development using the new skills and knowledge acquired during your stay in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
You will need to submit the following documents to us when the application season is open:
To Complete the application online CLICK HERE
Birth certificate (with translation).
Supporting letters from two referees.
Photocopies of academic certificates.
Transcript/record of exams that you have passed.
Some Related Jobs
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
Other Recent Jobs
- » Administration Manager
- » Finance Officer
- » AVP - Sales
- » Marketer
- » Channel Development Administrator
- » Head of Construction
- » Shipping Assurance & Emergency Response Coordinator
- » Biochemist / Human Nutritionist
- » Admin Travel Officer
- » Manager, Private-Public Partnership/Project Finance
- » Head, Accounts-Cost Accountant
- » Urgent Executive PA Recruitment
- » Nurses
- » Customer Care Officers
- » Workshop Supervisior